Monday, February 27, 2017

Man Cards

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time making "manly" cards.  Maybe because I like pretty and sparkly?  Whatever reason, I have to really try hard to come up with something that looks masculine.  One way is to use my classic car stamp set.  Cuz all guys like cars, right?!  lol
For the card above, I used a chevron background stamp directly on the cream colored card stock base.  Over that I layered a piece of dotted scrap that I wrapped a bit of washi tape around (yay!  I used some of my giant washi stash up!!).  I stamped the image using Sepia Archival ink.  To finish, I stamped and punched the sentiment circles.  Pretty easy and I think it's manly enough. 
For this card, I got out the markers and did some coloring on the black Archival ink stamped image.  I wanted it to be bold to match the colorful dotted paper I layered over the blue card stock base.  Another piece of washi tape for accent and it's done!  I think this would be a great card for that "young at heart" guy, don't you?

No comments: